Every now and then I like to celebrate certain milestones.
Today I am starting with a quick sale on the first blanket pattern I published! I published my first little square on April 1, 2020 and this blanket was published to Ravelry on April 12, 2020.
When I started, I created a few small squares and even a purse strap! The squares are meant to be joined together for a blanket (or used as coasters or pillow covers or even wall hangings) but they aren’t quite the same category as an actual blanket design.
This blanket really does show my style even though I hadn’t realized I had a style yet. It has some magic, some sparkles, and the size is manageable (in my opinion those king sized blankets are a monumental feat!).
This beautiful black and white sample was crocheted by Monique. I was new to using testers as well and I am so thankful for everyone who had faith in me right from the beginning!
Her sample uses black as the main color and is done using the interlocking technique (because that’s the only technique I had available when I started!).
In June 2020 I updated the pattern to unclude left-handed instructions because those words at the bottom need to be facing the proper way. I had also created a mirror-image chart until someone pointed out that left-handed crocheters don’t need a chart that starts at the bottom right corner… they can use the same chart I already had and they just start at the bottom left.
I definitely laughed at myself because as soon as it was explained I thought to myself, “duh!”
In September 2020 I updated this pattern to include overlay mosaic instructions. It was a big undertaking to update all my patterns and it took me longer than I expected.
In July 2021 I finally managed to get a chart marked with X’s for the mosaic crochet dropped double crochets.
Thank you for all your patience! Today I have updated the pattern to have one file for each technique. The pattern hasn’t changed. I only merged the files to be more concise. I included a bonus coupon code for those who already own this pattern so you don’t feel left out of this promotion.
There are 2 files in the listing:
- one has line-by-line instructions for **interlocking crochet**, a single-page chart, and then written line-by-line instructions for **left-handed crocheters** (no need to read the pattern backwards to get legible words!)
- the other has line-by-line instructions for **overlay mosaic crochet**, instructions on creating an envelope border, a multi-page chart marked with X’s for the dropped double crochets, and then written line-by-line instructions for **left-handed crocheters** (no need to read the pattern backwards to get legible words!)
Where to Get the Pattern
You can grab this blanket pattern on Etsy or Ravelry. The chart is 189 x 213 and if you meet gauge it finishes to 47″ x 53″.
You will get an automatic 40% discount until January 17, 2022!
- Worsted Weight Yarn (2850 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 1410 yards plus 30 yards for optional SC border
- Accent Color (AC) – 1410 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Stitch marker
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 8 rows in one color = 4” square
For Mosaic Crochet
- Worsted Weight Yarn (3320 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 1610 yards
- Coordinating Color (CC) – 1610 yards
- And 100 yards for an optional envelope border
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 16 rows = 4″ square