Wow! I can’t believe I’ve been doing this for 3 years now! In some ways it feels like it’s been forever. This is just so “me” and it fits and feels right. In other ways, I’m still so new to it. Three years is not a long time to learn all the nuances of a niche/industry.
I am so proud of all I have accomplished. I have put a lot of time and energy into it all. Crochet is not really a quick thing and then there’s all the other steps that go into creating my designs.
When I first started, I thought if I could just learn it all then I’d be good. But software and algorithms are always changing.
The world is always changing. *I* am always changing. So, there’s always more to learn.
If we haven’t “met” yet, Hi! I’m Ashlee!
I’m a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom, to 3 beautiful kids (Alice is 8, Remington just turned 6, and Melody is 3).
We live in a teeny, tiny town in the middle of Saskatchewan, Canada.
My husband is the do-everything guy, with a passion for music (guitar and violin mostly but please don’t ask me to list all the drums, harmonicas, trumpets, and other musical things around here lol). He is a mechanical engineer but currently works part-time as a construction laborer to support my business dreams.
In the last 12 months:
- I have introduced the center-out option for a few designs
- I have published 33 new YouTube videos (walk-thrus, tips and tricks, pattern announcements) and did an additional 13 YouTube lives (walk-thrus, announcements)
- Participated in a multi-designer Crochet-A-Long (CAL) and hosted a CAL of my own (Hooded Trees Cowl)
- New Patterns Published:
- 19 Large Squares (the remaining 9 cat squares from the 2022: A Year of Cats Series, 3 new squares from 2023: A Year of Celtic Knots, and a few extra squares)
- 11 Blanket Patterns
- 4 Wall Hanging Patterns
- 2 Runner Patterns (can think of them as table or bed runners or scarves)
- and five weirdly-sized designs that don’t categorize well
I still have designs on my to-do list that are from my first year! I have drafts that are over a year old, just waiting for me to check foundation counts and get testers working on them. I have videos on my phone waiting to be edited.
Whew! I’m never bored, that’s for sure!
All of that to say, I’m excited to have accomplished 3 years of designing and 3 years of learning everything that goes with it.
And I have so much more to come
To celebrate my 3rd Year Designaversary, for the month of April 2023, I will be running a contest (hosted here, just a few paragraphs down) and I’ll have various promotions popping up.
I highly recommend signing up for my newsletter so that you don’t miss any of the flash sales or giveaways throughout the month. You’ll get a bonus entry in the Rafflecopter draw if you confirm you’re already signed up or if you sign up at that point. So don’t be afraid to sign up while we are waiting for the contest to start!
The giveaway runs from April 1-30, 2023. Check out the official rules for all the details (especially the timeline on winner notification and acceptance of the prize).
I’ll be giving away one Grandprize of thirty patterns, three runner-up prizes of three patterns, and thirty small prizes of a single pattern.
Prizes will be in the form of a special code that allows you to choose something from my Ravelry store (eBooks excluded). You do not have to have a Ravelry account to redeem these codes, but I do recommend creating an account because it’s free and allows you to easily receive updates and view your library of patterns at a glance.
You do not have to complete all the tasks in the list, they just get you bonus entries. And some of them can be done daily, which allows you to have even more entries!
Winners have been chosen! https://www.youtube.com/live/Ey1XVqHb-sE?feature=share
Official Rules for Ashlee’s 3rd Year Designaversary Contest
Ashlee’s Third Year Designaversary Celebration
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Ashlee’s Third Year Designaversary Celebration Raffle begins on April 1, 2023 at 12:00 AM CST and ends on May 1, 2023 at 12:00 AM CST (the “Promotion Period”).
The sponsor of this Raffle is Ashlee Brotzell (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Raffle, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the overall administration of the Raffle. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor or its representatives with any questions, comments or problems related to the Raffle. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open to anyone 13 years of age or older (the “Entrant”), in keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Thirty (30) prizes will be awarded in the form of a personalized coupon code valid for 1 use on any single pattern listing (eBooks excluded) in Ashlee Brotzell Designs Ravelry store https://www.ravelry.com/designers/ashlee-brotzell to the email address or ravelry handle chosen by each winner, expiring March 31, 2024. Each prize has a variable worth depending on which pattern the winner chooses to redeem for.
Three (3) runner-up prizes will be awarded in the form of a personalized coupon code valid for three (3) uses on any single pattern listing (eBooks excluded) in Ashlee Brotzell Designs Ravelry store https://www.ravelry.com/designers/ashlee-brotzell to the email address or ravelry handle chosen by each winner, expiring March 31, 2024. Each prize has a variable worth depending on which pattern the winner chooses to redeem for.
One (1) Grandprize will be awarded in the form of a personalized coupon code valid for thirty (30) uses on any single pattern listing (eBooks excluded) in Ashlee Brotzell Designs Ravelry store https://www.ravelry.com/designers/ashlee-brotzell to the email address or ravelry handle chosen by each winner, expiring March 31, 2024. Prize has a variable worth depending on which patterns the winner chooses to redeem for.
Only one prize per person will be awarded.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Raffle during the Promotion Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found here.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified.
Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/Raffle subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of Prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Raffle.
- WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Raffle will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted on May 1, 2023, after the Promotion Period, by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information within 24 hours after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 3 days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Raffle; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Raffle; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Raffle or download of any materials in the Raffle.
If, for any reason, the Raffle is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Raffle, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Raffle.
- WINNER LIST: The Winner List will be posted on Instagram by @AshleesLint on May 7, 2021 after winner confirmation is complete and subsequently shared to Ashlee’s Interlocking and Mosaic Crochet Facebook Page.
- SPONSOR: Ashlee Brotzell, firstname.lastname@example.org