In 2020 I created a series of squares and rectangles with a Doctor Who theme. I contacted the BBC first and they said I could share my patterns as long as they were free. Please do not distribute this pattern, direct your friends to my website for their own copy.
You can find all the individually created blocks on my website: ashleeslint.com/doctor-who
Blanket Versus Squares
It is much easier to customize which designs will be in your blanket if you use the individual squares.
This all-in-one blanket eliminates the need to join squares. I’ve edited out a few of the inner border lines (because they’re unnecessary – the double line all the way around my designs is to lock the layers together).
I’ve arranged these squares in a way that makes sense to me regarding MY favorite characters and story lines. For example, the rose and sunflower are actually paid patterns. I include them in my list of Doctor Who squares because I NEED to include them in my blanket. They represent my two favorite story lines (Rose, the character, and Van Gogh with his sunflower art).
There are a few squares not included in this all-in-one blanket.
The chart for this blanket is quite large!
I’ve listed two yarn weight options so you can see the range of size available. As long as you adjust your hook size to match your yarn weight you can use any weight yarn you’d like. The two colors should be the same yarn weight though.
If you share your works on Instagram, tag me: @AshleesLint
|Watch my tutorials on YouTube.com/c/AshleeBrotzellDesigns
All my social media links are here:
- US crochet terminology
- Chart size 273 x 349
- Gauge: 8 (dc, ch) x 8 rows = 4”
- 5 mm (US7) crochet hook
- 68” x 87” / 173cm x 222cm
- Worsted weight yarn (7400 – 7700 yards total)
- Main color (MC) (grey) – 3750 yards
- Accent color (AC) (white) – 3650 yards
- Plus, optional SC border – 250 yards
- Gauge: 13 (dc, ch) x 26 rows = 4”
- 5mm (D/3) crochet hook
- 42” x 53” / 106cm x 136cm
- Fingering weight yarn (5710 – 5910 yards total)
- Main color (MC) (grey) – 2890 yards
- Accent color (AC) (white) – 2820 yards
- Plus, optional SC border – 200 yards