Thank you for such a wonderful April! It was so much fun celebrating my 2nd Year Designaversary and remembering all the progress I’ve made. I was also able to give away a bunch of patterns and I will be doing a
live giveaway for my Grand Prize on YouTube tomorrow (it’s almost midnight on the 30th of April for me as I post this)! (Expired)
Welcome to May!
There are four cats on this month’s square! No matter which way you turn it, someone is staring at you.
If you’ve purchased the eBook (2022: A Year of Cats) on Ravelry, Etsy, or by direct purchase from my website, then you should have received your update. Please check all your email folders and make sure you’re looking in the email account associated with the purchase. Let me know if you still can’t find it.
Thank you to my bundle of testers! You all did a great job and it helps me more than you know to have the peace of mind that I have such a trustworthy team! I am using black yarn for the Main Color in all my squares but I love to give my testers free range on color choice and you can see in these photos below that both Maja Serec and cyncitycrochets have used grey/black as their second color instead. Which colors would you use?
I have been trying to get my kittens to pose with each square monthly. Sometimes they don’t really want to pose for my photos. I managed to get a little video with Flippers the orange cat walking across my square. His meow is the weirdest sound. We thought he’d grow out of it, but he’s about 6 months old now and still sounds weird. Maybe it’s normal and I just haven’t been around enough cats.
Get the Pattern
Interlocking Crochet Details
- Chart is 81 x 81
- Finished measurements approximately 20” x 20” / 51cm x 51cm
- 4.5 mm hook (US7)
- Worsted weight yarn (460 – 485 yards total)
- Main color (MC) – 230 yards plus 25 for optional border
- Accent color (AC) – 230 yards
- Gauge: 16 DC x 8 rows = 4”
Overlay Mosaic Crochet Details
- Chart is 77 x 77
- Finished measurements approximately 20” x 22” / 52cm x 56cm
- 5 mm hook (H-8)
- Worsted weight yarn (600-850 yards)
- Main color (blue on chart) – 275 yards
- Contrasting color (white on chart) – 325 yards
- Optional Envelope Border – 250 yards
- Gauge: 14 stitches x 15 rows = 4”