Last month’s cat was a sleepy kitten, and this month I’ve drawn a striped cat. These two cats are similar in style and in my mind they’d be great as the two sides of a pillow!
I think most of you will be quite familiar with this, but I’m going to say it anyway: this pattern, like all of my patterns, comes with the written pattern and charts for both the interlocking crochet method and the overlay mosaic crochet method.
If you use the interlocking technique (also called Locked Filet Mesh / LFM) your chart size is 81 x 81. If you use the mosaic technique you’ll be using a chart that has been adjusted so there are no unnecessary border lines or interlocking mesh dots, so that chart is 77 x 77.
The eBook has been updated to include this new square. I am curious as to how many of you are waiting until December when there will be an all-in-one blanket pattern added to the eBook. That pattern will contain all 12 monthly cat squares but you don’t need to join the squares you just crochet them all together.
Thank you again to my testers: CarolinevdB, CynCityCrochet, and Maja Serec!
Get the Pattern
take 25% off your entire cart with a minimum purchase of $10 by using code “22SUMMER“, valid on Ravelry and Etsy until August 3, 2022.
Interlocking Crochet Details
- Chart is 81 x 81
- Finished measurements approximately 20” x 20” / 51cm x 51cm
- 4.5 mm hook (US7)
- Worsted weight yarn (460 – 485 yards total)
- Main color (MC) – 230 yards plus 25 for optional border
- Accent color (AC) – 230 yards
- Gauge: 16 DC x 8 rows = 4”
Overlay Mosaic Crochet Details
- Chart is 77 x 77
- Finished measurements approximately 20” x 22” / 52cm x 56cm
- 5 mm hook (H-8)
- Worsted weight yarn (625-875 yards)
- Main color (blue on chart) – 275 yards
- Contrasting color (white on chart) – 350 yards
- Optional Envelope Border – 250 yards
- Gauge: 14 stitches x 15 rows = 4”
2022: A Year of Cats (ongoing updates)
eBook (Ravelry) (Etsy) (Direct Purchase)
January (Ravelry) (Etsy)
February (Ravelry) (Etsy)
March (Ravelry) (Etsy)
April (Ravelry) (Etsy)
May (Ravelry) (Etsy)
June (Ravelry) (Etsy)
July (Ravelry) (Etsy)
August (Ravelry) (Etsy)
September (Ravelry) (Etsy)
October (Ravelry) (Etsy)
November (Ravelry) (Etsy)
December (Ravelry) (Etsy)
All-in-One Blanket (available only in eBook)